I finally got a picture of this one!
This is a special edition “request” post (thanks, A.H.) for a dish I made for a dinner party last week. I wasn’t planning on posting it, so there is no photo. If anyone makes this–can you please take a picture and forward it to me?
It comes from Jack Bishop’s A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen. It’s vegan and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (I actually used almost 2 sweet potatoes)
- 6 pitted prunes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves (I minced these and then forgot to add them, so I guess feel free to leave them out)
View original post 107 more words