I made this bright and tasty salad to accompany latkes last night. It was a big hit. Thanks to Food and Wine for the great recipe!
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup salted roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups farro (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the farro and simmer over moderate heat until al dente, about 35 minutes. Drain well, shaking off the excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, ginger and oil and whisk to blend. Season with salt.
- Add the warm farro to the dressing along with the raisins and cherries and toss well. Let stand until the farro is almost cool. Just before serving, fold in the scallions, pistachios, mint and cilantro and season with salt.
December 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm
Chanukah oh Chanukah!!! What a wonderful night of celebration we had….and I will be the first to say this salad definitely helped. My first taste of farro, and I definitely wanted the recipe! Well done, Jamie!!